Saturday, June 29, 2019

Mini Reed adventure!

Today my lovely Fiance got out of work earlier than normal. So, we decided to go on an adventure. I found a park on Pinterest. 
Since I live in Florida it was only an hour drive… we had to check it out. 
I like hiking trails. I'm not like a hardcore hiker or anything just like walking and if there is pretty scenery then it's a win win. 

I guess I should have done a little more research before heading out to the Ocala National Forest and I should have know it would cost money money. So I am telling you now…
It cost money to get in. Its 5.50 per person for day use. 
And it was starting to rain when we got there…
Spur of the moment doesn't work for me I guess….
Anyways!!!
So we wandered around and it's a neat little place. I'm not totally convinced it's not Bigfoot territory… a lot of trails were closed… could be because of the rain washing out a lot of trails… could be crime scenes. We didn't have our Bigfoot hunting gear so we didn't venture off the path… stay on the path you will be safe!
Me being the weirdo I am I found a lot of things that I consider creepy…
This was what I was calling the troll bridge. If you want to know the real history you will have to go check it out…
Here is a side view of the troll bridge. You can also see the sign where it has some of the history. This park had lots of signs like that. So if you are a history buff you might enjoy some Florida history. 



More of the troll bridge…. Yeah I already admitted that I was a weirdo.


lots of these kind of trails. We had a little map that helped us find what I was looking for…
Yes we had a destination for this little spur of the moment trip…
The Fern Hammock springs.
I couldn't believe how blue it was!
I feel like this is the biggest "don't drink the water" statement...


It was a good little adventure. Was it worth the hour drive? for us? not really. But for someone who likes camping and swimming I recommend this place. 

 We probably would have stayed longer to explore but it looked like it was about to down pour any minute... and this was from the car as we left HA-HA







Check my facebook page for videos!




No comments:

Relatable Entertainment

It’s late and I can’t sleep again. Mostly because on nights like this, nights before I make a video the creative side of my brain is on fire...